Club Development: FFV Visits Bendigo
Regional Stakeholders Engaged On Participation Team Tour
As part of Football Federation Victoria's commitment to engaging regional stakeholders, a delegation from football operations and participation recently visited the Bendigo region.
FFV Executive Manager - Football George Angelopoulos, Participation Manager Jason Charles and Club Development Officer Josephine Petrentsis visited on August 9, 2017.
The following summary of the visit has been provided by the FFV participation department:
- FFV met with Bendigo Amateur Soccer League (BASL) members and club delegates to discuss matters in the region. FFV detailed an overview of its participation programs and how it will assist clubs and associations to increase participation. Attendees at the meeting raised issues such as coach and administrator education and FFV's working relationship with the BASL competition.
- FFV met Sports Focus business manager Stuart Craig to connect with the Regional Sports Assembly. Sports Focus supports the development of a sustainable and active reaction to sport and assist club with grants, workshops and education programs with the initiative of VicHealth.
- FFV met Bendigo City FC president Robyn Williams, coaching representative Peter Lodewijks and sponsor relations manager Darren Kay to discuss the development of Bendigo City and also Women's NPL.
- FFV met Bendigo City Council Deputy Mayor Rod Fyffe OAM to discuss facility plans in Maiden Gully. FFV advocated for soccer facilities to be built to be future ready for growth of the game in Bendigo.
- FFV staff were given a tour of the Epsom Huntly football facility by Bendigo City FC.
- BASL administration will travel to Melbourne to visit FFV headquarters for further strategic discussion.
Football Federation Victoria will continue to update the football family on initiatives within the participation team and progress of the club development initiatives in both metropolitan and regional Victoria.