Club Development: FFV Visits Mildura
Regional Stakeholders Engaged On Participation Team Tour
As part of Football Federation Victoria's commitment to engaging regional stakeholders, a delegation from football operations and participation recently visited the Sunraysia area.
FFV Executive Manager - Football George Angelopoulos, Participation Manager Jason Charles and Club Development Officers Josephine Petrentsis and Stephanie Leondidis visited on Thursday September 27.
The following summary of the visit has been provided by the FFV participation department:
- FFV staff visited Carmel McKay from Mallee Sports Assembly to reunite with the Sport Assembly in Mildura. Ms McKay addressed the programs offered sports such as VicHealth “This Girl Can”, “One Nudge Water Option” and have a strong relationship with All Abilities. Mallee Sports are focusing on Female Participation and recently held a Women in Football breakfast.
- Mildura Rural City Council Recreation Development Coordinator Scott Umback discussed with FFV a concept plan for the proposed Mildura South Regional Sporting Precinct (MSRSP) which is a key project within the Mildura Future Ready initiative. The aim is to make the main oval at MSRSP a Premier Oval and consultation with local Football representatives throughout the development of the business case for this project has suggested FFV programs could be facilitated at this venue. FFV is looking forward to working with Council to assist with this plan and will meet again with Council in October.
- Football Federation Sunraysia Regional Administrator Susan Watts gave the delegation an overview of the facility at Flora Avenue. All league matches run out this facility which creates a Football Family atmosphere. Susan does an amazing job to ensure games are set and ready to go, nets are up, grounds are marked and canteen is running well to accommodate all on the day.
- The delegation met with the Football Federation Sunraysia Board and club delegates at the MADEC building. Feedback was heard from clubs in attendance, including Mildura City, Euston Robinvale and Nichols Point. FFV took the feedback on board to incorporate into the regional section of the organisation's next strategic plan.
- Coach education courses to be held in 2018 were discussed as were Football Federation Sunraysia's plans to appoint a Technical Director for female football.
- Upcoming events in the region include Female Football Week in Sunraysia from March 10-12, 2018.
Football Federation Victoria will continue to update the football family on initiatives within the participation team and progress of the club development initiatives in both metropolitan and regional Victoria.