New Pitches Kick Off At State Football Centre
State Of The Art Turf Ready At Darebin
Football Federation Victoria and Darebin City Council held a grand opening for the pitch upgrade at Darebin State Football Centre on Thursday May 31. All three synthetic football pitches at the State Football Centre have been replaced.
Darebin Council has spent approximately $2.2M+ to replace the 3 synthetic pitches plus associated works, which commenced in Sept 2017.
The new Synthetic Grass Products used on the pitches include:
- Pitch #1 (North) – Ligaturf RS+260 COOLplus; rubber infill “Bionic Fibre EPDM”
- Pitches #2 & 3 (East /West) – Ligaturf HB250; rubber infill SBR
- Pitches #2 & 3 are multi-lined for small sided games eg mini roos etc
Further associated works include:
- Upgrade works to sub-surface and drainage
- Concrete paths around all pitches
- Perimeter fence refurbishment
- Upgrade the floodlighting
- Supply and install new player and technical benches
- Supply and install new fixed and portable goals
- 12 month maintenance program in place with contractor
- Pitches have been tested for play by Labosport (Qld)
- Pitches will have FIFA Quality Certification in the near future
The works were carried out by contractor Polytan Asia Pacific Pty Ltd.
If you are interested in booking a pitch at Darebin please click here.
Football Federation Victoria would like to thank all key stakeholders involved, including Darebin City Council, Northcote City FC and the Victorian State Government.