Nominations Open For 2017 FFV Zone And Standing Committee Elections
Nominations Open For 2017 Elections
Football Federation Victoria (FFV) is pleased to advise clubs that nominations are now open for the 2017 Member Elections for Zone Representatives and Standing Committees members.
As previously advised, RGR Election Services has been appointed to conduct the elections, with Ron Ritchie as Returning Officer.
|12 Zones||2 representatives per zone||24 positions|
|Men's||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Women's||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Juniors'||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Coaches||9 elected from registered coaches||9 positions|
|Referee's||9 elected from accredited referees||9 positions|
Obligations of Zone Representatives include:
- seek and maintain membership of the Association for so long as they remain a Zone Representative;
- uphold and promote the objects of the Association and the FFA;
- attend all general meetings of the Association reasonably practicable;
- in their capacity as a member of the Association receive and consider all reports and business discussed at general meetings;
- represent their Zone at all Association functions;
- represent the Association at all relevant Zone functions;
- facilitate the implementation of Association policy, programs and initiatives;
- act as a conduit for the flow of information and issues of relevance from the Association to the Zone and from the Zone to the Association;
- carry out such other reasonable functions as requested by the Association
Obligations of Standing Committees include:
- Make recommendations to promote, develop and improve Football in respective area
- Assist with developing policies and processes in respective area of football
- Be an advocate for best behaviour and safety practices within the football community
- Provide methods of improving talent identification and development within respective area
NOMINATIONS must be in writing on the NOMINATION FORM provided and comply with the FFV Constitution and By-Laws. They can be made at any time from Monday, 19 June 2017, and must reach the Returning Officer no later than 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday, 3 July 2017. Nominations received after this time and date will not be accepted.
If a nomination is invalid and needs to be corrected in order to be eligible, the Returning Officer will only notify the Nominees ONCE. This must be completed before the closing date above.
NOMINATION FORMS will be available on the FFV website at www.ffv.org.au/corporate-documents/2017-member-elections from Monday, 19 June 2017.
We encourage all eligible Clubs and stakeholders to consider their nominations carefully as each Club can only nominate one representative for their zone, and one representative for each applicable Standing Committee.
HOW TO LODGE NOMINATIONS
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that e-mail is the preferred method.
- By post to ATT: Returning Officer. PO Box 7488, Melbourne, VIC 3004.
- In person at Level 3, 436 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, VIC 3004.
N.B. You may confirm that your nomination has been received by contacting Ron Ritchie on 0401 524 790.
CANDIDATE STATEMENTS may be submitted together with the Nomination Form. The statement may not exceed 1000 words. These statements will be posted on the FFV website when the ballot opens. Candidate statements will not be accepted after the lodgement of the Nomination Form.
If a BALLOT is necessary in any of the positions, the ballot will open Wednesday, 12 July 2017 and closes 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 2 August. Ballot papers will be distributed to all eligible clubs at the address shown in FFV’s records in the MyFootballClub system. Please ensure that your Club’s postal address is up to date on MyFootballClub, or contact (03) 9474 1800 for assistance.
In addition, FFV may co-ordinate QUESTION & ANSWER SESSIONS in contested zone elections to assist with the decision. More information on these sessions will be communicated once the final nominations are confirmed by the Returning Officer on Tuesday, 4 July 2017.
The VOTE COUNT will be held at 12:00pm (AEST) on Thursday, 3 August 2017 at the FFV offices. Candidates are able to appoint scrutineers to attend the vote count if they wish.
Please click here for a list of clubs/zones and standing committee voting eligibility
Please click here for a Zone Map
Please click here for a list of current Zone Representatives (2015 – 2017 term)
Please click here for a list of current Standing Committee members (2015 – 2017 term)
FFV would like to thank the serving Zone Representatives and members of the Standing Committees for their dedicated service to Victorian football and we look forward to welcoming successful candidates as we work towards making the World Game the premier sport in this state.
For any queries regarding the member elections, please contact Ron Ritchie, Returning Officer, on 0401 524 790 or e-mail email@example.com.