Notice Of Standing Committee And Zone Representative Elections
Notice Of 2017 Elections For Standing Committee and Zone Representatives
Football Federation Victoria (FFV) advises that preparations for the 2017 Member Elections, for Zone Representatives and Standing Committees members, are underway. There will be a number of follow up communications regarding the process and what is required by Clubs and eligible electors.
As a first step please start to consider who you and/or your Club wish to represent football in your FFV Zone or on a relevant Standing Committee. There is nothing stopping a Club from canvasing potential representatives in preparation for when nominations open next Monday, 19 June 2017.
FFV is pleased to advise that RGR Election Services has been appointed to conduct the 2017 Member Elections, with Ron Ritchie as Returning Officer.
|12 Zones||2 representatives per zone||24 positions|
|Men's||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Women's||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Juniors'||1 representative per zone||12 positions|
|Coaches||9 elected from registered coaches||9 positions|
|Referee's||9 elected from accredited referees||9 positions|
We encourage all eligible individuals and/or Clubs to consider their nominations carefully as each Club can only nominate one representative for their zone, and one representative for each applicable Standing Committee.
FFV encourages interested and eligible persons to consider nominating in order to make a lasting contribution to football in their zone. The term will be until the completion of the next full election process in mid-2019.
Obligations of Zone Representatives include:
- seek and maintain membership of the Association for so long as they remain a Zone Representative;
- uphold and promote the objects of the Association and the FFA;
- attend all general meetings of the Association reasonably practicable;
- in their capacity as a member of the Association receive and consider all reports and business discussed at general meetings;
- represent their Zone at all Association functions;
- represent the Association at all relevant Zone functions;
- facilitate the implementation of Association policy, programs and initiatives;
- act as a conduit for the flow of information and issues of relevance from the Association to the Zone and from the Zone to the Association;
- carry out such other reasonable functions as requested by the Association
Obligations of Standing Committees include:
- Make recommendations to promote, develop and improve Football in respective area
- Assist with developing policies and processes in respective area of football
- Be an advocate for best behaviour and safety practices within the football community
- Provide methods of improving talent identification and development within respective area
We would like to thank the serving Zone Representatives and members of the Standing Committees for their dedicated service to Victorian football and we look forward to welcoming successful candidates as we work towards making the World Game the premier sport in this state.
Please click here for a list of FFV Clubs with Zone and Standing Committee eligibility
Please click here for FFV By-Laws regarding elections, and Zone Map
Please click here for a list of current Zone Representatives
Please click here for a list of current Standing Committee members