National Training Centre
- The NTC
The National Training Centre (NTC) for girls is a key pillar of the FFA’s development model for players.
The NTC is a full time football training program, with a main purpose of preparing players who show the potential talent to progress through the FFA development model to achieve Senior NPLW, W-League and international representation.
The NTC should also have the ability to serve current internationals or other potential talents on a part-time basis, regardless of age.
Upon selection after FFV's initial trial process, players will be required to train three nights per week with the NTC Squad and play one match. All NTC full-time players will also be expected to train once per week with their local NPL/Community Club boys’ team. Further practice will also be conducted during school holidays during the daytime.
From September 2017, FFV will oversee:
- Under 14/15 Mini NTC
- Under 15/16 Junior NTC
- Under 17/18 Senior NTC
- Part-time Junior TIDC and part-time Senior TIDC players
In addition, there will be opportunities for Under 14+ players to participate in weekly training with the full time NTC group. These players will be known as TIDC players.
Using the Talent Identification and Development Centre (TIDC) model, the participation of TIDC players will be in blocks. The players who respond well and meet the criteria will be invited back for the next block. Players deemed not to meet the program’s criteria will be replaced at the end of each block by players scouted during the season.
Therefore, the three NTC groups will train as two groups of 20 or more full-time players, and 4 or more TIDC players per session.
Our main focus is to identify and select players from all over Victoria who at this specific point in time are showing potential and desire to play at the highest level.
It is our responsibility to identify and select (in our opinion, and at this point of time in each players individual development) the best Victorian players with no exceptions.
We recognise that players develop at different rates, and in different ways throughout their individual pathways, and continue to monitor potential talents during this long development period. Therefore, the age groups of full time and TIDC players are not rigid. There will be variance in the age of players in training and matches, to best cater for each individual’s technical needs at that time.
- Entrance to the NTC for 2018
As highlighted in the FFA Whole of Football Plan, the pathway of each player can vary widely. Therefore, entrance to the NTC works to encapsulate several different streams of player observation and interaction before selecting full and part-time positions. These include:
- Club Technical Director nominations and scouting throughout the year
- Network within the Member Federation to inform and observation FFV Technical Staff of potential talents throughout the calendar year
- Observation of NPLW and Community Club matches in relevant age groups by FFV Technical Staff throughout the calendar year
- Communication with NPLW and Community Clubs for periodical player evaluation and recommendations
- Invitations to players to participate in short training periods with the main training group to observe in NTC environment
- Invitations to players to participate as guests in non-official matches, state interactions or national tournaments as part of NTC
- Registration and participation in trials under guidance of FFV Technical Staff
- Observation and evaluation of full-time players throughout calendar year
- Communication with FFA Technical Staff regarding potential talents and evaluations of players in National Team environments
- Participation of at least six coaches observing players over the course of any trials period
2018 NTC program selection process:
- Advisement to 2017 NTC full-time players. These players may be offered a new full-time position, released or invited to trial for the 2018 NTC.
- NPLW and Community Club Technical Directors to provide recommendations on potential talented players. For 2018, this will be the 2002, 2003 and 2004 age groups
- The evaluation of nominated trialists will occur during training sessions beginning October 2017, where they will trial with the full-time NTC and other nominated players
- FFV Technical Staff maintain the right to advise any trialist of their selection as full-time NTC, part-time TIDC or non-selected players at any time
- Under 12/13 Girls TIDC
In early 2018, FFV will include:
- Under 12/13 Girls TIDC metro and regional
- Upon selection after FFV's initial trial process, players will be required to train one night a week with the TIDC Squad in their area. All TIDC players however, will train at least twice a week and play matches with their current NPLW/Community Club. TIDC sessions will run during the season as part of the development and selection process for the National Championships (where the number of sessions prior to the tournament will increase). Training camps and practice matches will also be conducted during school holidays.
- Squads of 20+ players will work in blocks. The players who respond well and meet the criteria will be invited back for the next block. Players deemed not to meet the program’s criteria will be replaced at the end of each block by players scouted during the season.
2018 TIDC program selection process:
- Advisement to 2017 TIDC players. These players may be offered a new position or invited to trial for the 2018 NTC.
- NPLW and Community Club Technical Directors to provide recommendations on potential talented players. For 2018, this will be the 2005 and 2006 age groups
- Nominations will open December 1, 2017 and close January 31, 2018.
- Trials will begin in February