Please Help Us Expand Football At The Knox Regional Football Centre
Survey closes this Sunday May 27 2018
Please help us expand football at the Knox Regional Football Centre.
Your feedback will go directly to Knox City Council and validate the strong appetite that exists for football in the community and positively influence the decision making process which Council is currently undertaking for the precinct's future development.FFV's vision is to expand football at the Knox Regional Football Centre (KRFC) to include a minimum of four (4) full size football pitches.
Filling out the survey helps Victorian Football because:
- Since the Knox Regional Football Centre (KRFC) was opened there has been a restriction on the number of programs and competitions that can be conducted on the full-size pitch.
- KRFC declines a minimum of 30 bookings per week during peak booking time.
- A new synthetic football pitch can cater for 60 hours a week (2,880 hours per year) of usage i.e. training & competition, and this equates to a current shortfall of 1 ½ pitches just to make up the potential additional bookings.
- KRFC can be enhanced to fixture overflow games from local clubs.
- A multi-pitch venue can also be managed to offer KRFC as an alternative venue when a council’s reserves are being refurbished and/or upgraded in a particular year. This is particularly relevant during drought conditions when councils can struggle to prepare grounds due to water restrictions.
- With only one full size pitch, KRFC does not cater for tournaments where multiple games can be played concurrently.
- KRFC has limited capacity to host community club gala days due to the one pitch scenario. Clubs are always looking for multi-pitch venues to hold such events which can attract up to 800+ players participating.
We sincerely appreciate your support in assisting us to expand KRFC and servicing the current and future needs of the football community.
Survey closes Sunday 27 May 2018.